Law firms are hungry for top talent, and there has never been a better time for women to command the highest pay. Savvy law firms are offering women top salaries, realizing that the gender pay disparity needs to be addressed.
Frustration, disappointment, denial, and fear.
Lawyers are by nature risk-averse, but perhaps an upside of the pandemic is the reduction in certain areas of risk, like timing a move to another law firm. Due to the new employment laws, it’s time to get equitable compensation and gender pay equality right.
Often candidates undervalue their assets and poorly articulate self-worth. “Ask yourself…What do I need to do to meet my career and personal life goals? Does your current situation meet your requirements?” says Shari Davidson, President of On Balance Search Consultants.
Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk.
When working with On Balance Search, we take a look comprehensive snapshot of your law practice. This includes:
- Who are your clients? What industries do they represent?
- How long have you nurtured your relationships?
- What is the significance of the cases handled and the outcomes? Quantify the results.
- How many other people share credit for your success stories?
- How well do you know yourself? What are your strengths and your achievements? Write them down and ask others who know you and you trust.
- Are you a ‘Debbie Downer’, do you look at situations negatively?
- Be positive. Ask yourself, how will I radiate optimism and bring a vibrant can-do attitude to the table?
- Do you look and feel like a million bucks? Employers are attracted to winners, walk the walk and dress for success. Make sure your personal hygiene reflects confidence. Get your nails and hair done, shine your shoes, dry clean your suits. Do whatever it takes to make yourself feel like a million dollars.
- How will you demonstrate confidence? What you say and how you say it translates. Use communication practices that convey certainty with others.
Don’t limit yourself, stop making excuses for why things are not going your way. Don’t drag yourself down. Look for results and how to make things better.
About On Balance Search
On Balance offers great insight and industry intelligence. Shari Davidson, president of On Balance Search Consultants, advises experienced attorneys at every stage of their career to take them to the next level. From making the lateral partner move to succession planning.
Shari takes a proactive approach to advising law firms on how to take a firm to the next level and helps rising talent make the transition to the right law firm. On Balance Search identifies opportunities that exist today, not down the road.
Contact us today. Call 516.731.3400 or visit our website at https://www.onbalancesearch.com
Please note that the content of this blog does not constitute legal advice and is only intended for the educational purpose of the reader. Please consult your legal counsel for specifics regarding your specific circumstances and the laws in your states pertaining to social media and any legal restrictions regarding the law.