After decades of advising and coaching some of the top rainmakers in law, legal recruiter Shari Davidson shares her top ten books every lawyer needs to read to make it in law. These must read books have paved the way to new opportunities, broken glass ceilings, revealed how to create an ideal career, rewrite the rules of the road, and helped rethink the way the world works in law today.
- Influence, By Robert B. Cialdini – Dr. Robert Cialdini is the seminal expert in the rapidly expanding field of influence and persuasion. His thirty-five years of rigorous, evidence-based research along with a three-year program of study on what moves people to change behavior has resulted in this highly acclaimed book.
- Solution Selling, By Michael Bosworth – Solution Selling is the most comprehensive sales and sales management process available today. Mike Bosworth has the best understanding of sales process in corporate America.
- Never Eat Alone, Keith Ferrazzi – The youngest partner in Deloitte Consulting’s history and founder of the consulting company, Keith Ferrazzi shares his networking techniques from generic handshakes to tossing business cards like confetti.
- Spin Selling, By Neil Rackham – Developed from 12 years of research into 35,000 sales calls, SPIN–Situation, Problem, Implication, Need-payoff–is already in use by many of the world’s top sales forces.
- How To Win Friends And Influence People, By Dale Carnegie – Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett credits Dale Carnegie’s teachings with transforming his life. The book’s main principles focus on persuading people through charm and confidence rather than aggression.
- The Art of The Business Lunch, Jay Robin – Learn the secret art of successful dining! What’s the one entree you should never order at a business lunch? Is it ever okay to order alcohol? When should you bring up the subject of business? The Art Of The Business Lunch takes you through every aspect of the business lunch.
- Start With Why, By Simon Sinek – Simon started a movement to inspire people to do the things that inspire them. Millions of people now understand the concept of the Golden Circle.
- Breaking The Bias, By Andrea Kramer and Alton B. Harris – Breaking Through Bias explains that it is the stereotypes about women, men, work, leadership, and family that hold women back, and it presents an integrated set of communication techniques that women can use to avoid or overcome the discriminatory consequences of these stereotypes.
- How The Best Get Better, By Dan Sullivan – The most successful entrepreneurs are taking advantage of new capabilities to create greater wealth and autonomy for themselves, while providing new income and employment opportunities for millions of others.
- Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill – Napoleon Hill teaches what called the thirteen steps to riches. Those thirteen steps, he claimed, were the secret to building wealth.
Don’t buy the Kindle or iPad version, buy the book. These books are meant to be referenced throughout your career. They belong in your library along with all the other books you cherish and refer to often.
Top rainmakers are constantly learning new skills and reading about new ways to take their game tot the next level. Got any good books to add to my must read list? Shoot me a note on our website: https://www.onbalancesearch.com. Thanks.
About On Balance Search Consultants
On Balance offers great insight and industry intelligence. Shari Davidson, president of On Balance Search Consultants, advises law firms on how to take a firm to the next level and helps rising talent make the transition to the right law firm.
Contact us today. Call 516.731.3400 or visit our website at https://www.onbalancesearch.com. Please note that the content of this blog does not constitute legal advice and is only intended for the educational purpose of the reader. Please consult your legal counsel for specifics regarding your specific circumstances and the laws in your states pertaining to social media and any legal restrictions regarding the law.