Tough Questions to Ask Your Legal Recruiter
Not all legal recruiters are created equal. The best recruiters have long standing relationships with law firms who trust the recruiter’s assessment of candidates. Placing a candidate is a time-consuming undertaking, both the candidate and the firm want a successful long-term relationship.
- First and foremost, find out what your colleagues say about the recruiter. Research testimonials and recommendations from attorneys who were placed by the recruiting firm.
Work with a recruiter who is known for their integrity.
- Recruiters match each attorney with the best firm that meets their skill set and experience. Confidentiality is critical, when reviewing your resume, they help re-work your experiences to put your best work forward.
The resume needs to highlight your strengths and experiences that are an exact fit for what that firm is looking for.
- Being a trusted advisor gives candidates the edge when preparing for an interview. Recruiters are savvy negotiators. They how to get you the best offer for the job. Top recruiters find ways to put deals together and will push back when the deal is not in your best interest.
- Work with a search firm that steers you away from law firms that are having retention problems. Many recruiters continue to advise candidates well beyond placing them with a firm. Work with someone who is there for you throughout your career.
- Top legal advisors should always ask you the most important question before taking you on as a client. Why are you looking to make the move? If you can’t be honest and forthcoming, you’re wasting everyone’s time.
About: On Balance Search Consultants
On Balance offers great insight and industry intelligence. Shari Davidson, president of On Balance Search Consultants, advises experienced attorneys at every stage of their career to take them to the next level. From making the lateral partner move to succession planning.
Shari takes a proactive approach to advising law firms on how to take a firm to the next level and helps rising talent make the transition to the right law firm. On Balance Search identifies opportunities that exist today, not down the road.
Contact us today. Call 516.731.4300 or visit our website at https://www.onbalancesearch.com.
Please note that the content of this blog does not constitute legal advice and is only intended for the educational purpose of the reader. Please consult your legal counsel for specifics regarding your specific circumstances and the laws in your states pertaining to social media and any legal restrictions regarding the law.