Guardianship Attorney – Minimum 3-5 Years’ Experience
Location: Western Suffolk County Long Island
Prominent Eldercare & Healthcare Law firm located in Western Suffolk County is seeking a full time attorney for their Guardianship practice. This position assists healthcare facilities’ reimbursement and recovery, elder law, litigation and collections.
About the firm: This boutique firm is over 2 decades old and growing stronger every day. This firm has received many awards from national associations to local Long Island associations and media. Each attorney prides themselves in doing fine work for families across the NY Metro area. They specialize in Elder Law and Senior Health Care law. When you join this firm, you will be part of the elite in this field of law and have a prominent place in the community.
- Practiced, all aspects of Article 81 GUARDIANSHIP proceedings
- Draft petitions
- Preparation of hearing testimony
- Witness preparation
- Court appearances several days a week, in various jurisdictions
- Draft proposed orders and judgments
- Handle contested guardianships, turnover proceedings and other litigation
- Knowledge of Medicaid is very helpful.
- Experience and ability to oversee large caseload and paralegal staff.
- Excellent writing and research skills required.
- Strong work ethic and a strong academic background
You will have the autonomy and independence to work with in a collaborative team environment. You will be responsible for your own case load. While having an active role working with clients and having the opportunity represent the firm outside of the office.
If you are seeking to grow professionally this is the firm for you. You will have the opportunity to steer your career and make an impact in the community.
- Competitive salary (Compensation is commensurate with experience)
- Choice of health plans with employer contribution
- Retirement Plans including Pension Plan, 401(k) plan with Employer Profit Sharing
- Generous PTO
- Paid CLE costs, Bar and membership dues
- Flexible schedules
- Work/life balance
- Free State-of-the art gym membership on premises
- Charitable events and community involvement
- Paid time for employer-sponsored volunteer work
- Social events
All inquiries are confidential. Please call and forward your resume Shari@OnBalanceSearch.com or call 516-731-3400.