Ethical Considerations in Conducting Investigations
Complimentary Seminar Open to the Public
Investigations by lawyers are an essential element of most litigation matters. Ethics rules make it clear what lawyers can say and do and they also outline what investigators can do on the attorney’s behalf. This presentation will provide a strong understanding of the ethical issues involved in conducting investigations. The course will address the following topics:
- Understanding what investigators can and cannot do.
- Knowing the difference between ethical violations and criminal violations.
- The types of due diligence information that is available on individuals and corporations.
- Practical considerations when conducting field investigations, including witness statements, surveillance and locate investigations.
- Learning about the distinction between an investigation in the United States versus one conducted in other countries.
- Learning about how technology is impacting investigations.
Speaker: William Belmont, Esq.
Location: Online Seminar
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Accreditation: National Academy of Continuing Legal Education
CLE Credits: 1.0 Ethics and Professionalism – this program is transitional and non-transitional.
- Ultimate Abstract of New York
- EPIC Insurance Brokers
- On Balance Search Consultants
- Pedersen & Sons Surety Bond Agency