All conversations are confidential. Please contact Shari Davidson, President of On Balance Search Consultants at 516.731.3400 or email Shari@OnBalanceSearch.com. Call to learn about openings in markets throughout the United States.
New York City: Partners and Associates
- Landlord Tenant Associate – seeking individual with experience in coop/condo residential and commercial litigation in State and Federal Courts including Housing Courts. Over seventy-five percent of work is Manhattan based. No nights or weekends required. Salary based on experience.
- Commercial Litigation – Midtown NYC law firm is deepening the bench in their Real Estate practice. They are seeking 5 to 10 year’s experience in commercial real estate transactions. You will be part of a team that represents clients in a wide array of commercial transactions. Which includes and not limited to buying, selling, leasing, refinancing, and managing apartment complexes, housing developments, office buildings, hotels, shopping centers, religious facilities, industrial & warehouse buildings.Your responsibilities may include performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating contract documents, utilization of property, zoning, environmental concerns as well as tax and government incentives. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to be part of a dynamic team that will afford you interesting work this is an opportunity you want to look at.
Compensation is based on experience. Excellent benefits package.
- Commercial Litigation – Attorney: NYC Midtown
A top middle market New York City firm is seeking a commercial, civil litigation attorney that has 7-10 years of solid experience.If you are seeking a culture where everyone plays well in the sandbox, this is it. If you are finding a home to grow and stay for the rest of your career, this is it. There is an opportunity for advancement and recognition of originations. No book necessary.You will be working along with the Senior Attorney- from inception to conclusion of all casework.You will never be bored: Complex and Sophisticated work in all areas of law with an emphasis on SEC work and sports law.Skill set needed for this position:
- Handling cases from inception to conclusion.
- Conduct depositions.
- Think on your feet.
- Strong writing and drafting skills.
- Trail experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Litigation Associate 5-7 years experience – Strong general litigation, electronic discovery, writing and analytical skills essential FINRA experience a plus. Resume, writing samples and references are required. Salary based on experience.
- Associate Positions: 5-7 years experience –
- Trusts and Estates- transactional.
- Corporate- transactional.
- Securities and taxes.
- Health Care- transactional.
- Commercial litigation.
- Corporate Associate minimum 3-4 years experience – Seeking individual with pharmaceutical transactional experience including licensing, acquisitions and joint ventures. Top academic credentials, large firm and general corporate experience required.
- Corporate M&A Associate Graduate 2012, 2013 or senior to a top General Corporate Practice. Ideal candidate will have M&A and Financing experience. Position requires excellent judgment along with, analytical, interpersonal, management and administrative skills. Salary based on experience.
- Litigation Associate 4-5 years experience (Class of 2011or 2012) – Individuals require general commercial litigation experience and have top academic and firm credentials.
- Broker-Dealer Associate or Counsel minimum 5 years experience – Broker-Dealer formation; Advise broker-dealers and investment advisers on regulatory, compliance, enforcements, and examination issues related to federal and state securities laws as well as, rules of various self-regulatory organizations, including FINRA. Counsel candidates, must have minimum portables of $300K. Salary, commensurate with experience.
- ERISA Partner for Highly Respected NYC midtown boutique firm for Senior Partners succession planning. The successful individual will have an excellent understanding of ERISA law, be in good standing with the NY Bar Association and have a minimum portable book of $500K.
- Transactional Health Care Practice – A leader needed for this firm’s New York City office. Partners with a portable book over $500K.
- NYC office of Top Global Firm growing their Corporate Practice – This firm’s platform provides excellent opportunities for leveraging current clients and servicing future clients. National and international offices allow comprehensive service to your clients and offer you tremendous cross-selling opportunities with the firm’s numerous practice areas. Portable business, required. Practice areas being sought but not limited to:
- Structured finance & securitizations and monetization of financial assets.
- Representing issuers, servicers, underwriters and placement agents, credit enhancers and liquidity providers, and investors in structured financings in middle markets.
- National Firm seeking a Group to Lead Their Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice – Book of business required. Acceptable book determined by total size of group, including support staff. This tremendous opportunity is for a boutique firm to join a national firm and become part of their national platform.
New York City & Brooklyn: Additional Partner Positions
- Health Care –Transactional Partnership: Portable Books: 750K, 1.5M.
- Corporate – General Practice: Portable Books: 500K, 750K and 1.5M Plus.
- Corporate with Private Equity: 500K, 1.5 Million Plus Book.
- Banking & Finance: 1.5 Million Plus Book.
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy: 1 Million Plus Book.
- Real Estate: 1 Million Plus Book.
- T&E: 1.5 Million Plus Book.
- Tax Partner: 300 K Plus Book.
- Franchise Transactional: 1 Million Plus.
- Long Island: Partners and Associates
Please note this candidate has to have Commercial Real Estate Experience. An excellent compensation package, including a pension plan, 401k, health insurance, origination credit, etc. Salary is based on experience.
3-9 years experience – Experience in all aspects of secured lending and representation of banks and other institutional lenders in structuring, negotiating and documenting complex commercial lending transactions, including real estate, asset-based lending and working capital financings. Candidate must possess strong drafting and negotiating skills as well as, the ability to document and close transactions, exercise independent judgment and communicate effectively. Experience in real estate acquisitions, leasing and development a plus.
- Real Estate Associate – 3 to 6 years’ experience, Location: Uniondale, NY
Top tier Long Island firm that has a broad platform of practice areas. They are seeking a Commercial Real Estate Attorney that represents developers, equity investors, syndicators, landowners, and lenders.Your Role in the firm:
Handling commercial real estate matters including acquisition and disposition of real property and leasing and financing transactions. Commercial lending experience (preferably lender side) is a plus.Background Profile:
- Excellent academic credentials, drafting and negotiations skills.
- A desire for team-work, with significant responsibility and client interaction.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years with no more than 6 years’ experience in commercial real estate.
- Trust & Estate Associate 3-6 years experience – Trust & Estate Firm seeks an Associate. This top rated Long Island boutique law firm has been providing high levels of personal service to its clients for over 20 years. The individual selected must have experience in drafting Wills, Trusts and related estate planning documents.
They must also have strong communication, organizational and research skills and be well versed in estate gift tax as well as, estate and generation skipping transfer tax laws. Elder Law, Estate Litigation, Estate Administration and a portable book of business are all considered pluses but are not required.
- Highly regarded L.I. Boutique Law Firm seeks next generation of successful attorneys
- Construction Litigation Attorney with Trail Experience – Trial experience along with excellent writing, communication and leadership skills required. Portable book of business and demonstrable business developments skills a must. Firm may consider an individual or group to lead this practice area.
- Surety Practice – For consideration must have portable clients and be self-sustaining. Firm may consider an individual or group to lead this practice area.
Long Island: Additional Partner Positions
- Trust & Estates: Portable Book: 700K Plus
- Health Care: Portable Book: 600K Plus
- Corporate: Portable Book: 1 Million Plus
- Real Estate: Portable Book: 750K Plus
Top 40 Rochester Firm is growing.
Seeking partners in all areas of law.A New York general practice looking to grow its Rochester office. The firm seeks to be an impact player in the greater Rochester market in all practice areas. A sampling of practice areas they already have established: Health Care and Commercial Litigation as well as Corporate, Securities, Real Estate, and Matrimonial and Family Law, and Medical Malpractice. They are open to all practice areas.
Be part of a team and yet independent. Take your practice to the next level. Moreover, be the trusted advisor you want to be for your clients.
They are open to lift-out opportunities, small firms, or solo practitioners.
This is an excellent opportunity to stop managing and start practicing law, and for those who are beginning to think about succession planning.
The firm features:
- No Capital Contribution required entering the partnership.
- Distribution of Capital upon death or disability.
- Increasing profits year over year.
- Partnership profits distributed twice a year.
- Strong cross-selling to assist each partner in growing her practice.
NYC Full Service Firm seeking to acquire well-suited New Jersey and/or Connecticut firms.
Please note: Listed postings are On Balance Search Consultants (OBSC) Client Classified Positions of Local, Regional, Top AM Law and Midsize Hot List firms. This is just a representative sampling of currently available opportunities being worked by OBSC. Numerous other opportunities and positions are available. Call for further information.
About On Balance Search Consultants
On Balance Search Consultants, Inc. and its president, Shari Davidson offers great insight and industry intelligence to law firms and attorneys so they may attain greater professional success. We pride ourselves in understanding our clients and candidates requirements and needs; On Balance Search Consultants is proud of its outstanding level of achievement and success. Contact us today. Call 516.731.3400 or visit our website at https://www.onbalancesearch.com