Succession planning is essential to every lawyer’s practice, proactively protecting clients and colleagues in the event of crises that put the firm at risk.
In recent years, clients increasingly demand direct access to the right legal experts to help solve tough business problems by leveraging insights from across other clients and industries.
Fear, anxiety and identity crisis. For an attorney F. E. A. R. is not realizing that your future is a risk due to your being numb to the warning signs.
F.E.A.R. is an illusion. Something we fabricate in our own minds and pretend is real. It’s a fairy tale we tell ourselves that keeps us from doing what we really want.
Guiding Principles of Succession Planning
- Written instructions concerning how and where client information is stored, including bank and other account details.
- Information concerning disposition of closed client files, information about law office equipment leases or other contracts.
- Information regarding payment of current liabilities.
- Instructions to gain access to computer and voicemail passwords.
- Information detailing how the successor will be compensated.
Don’t let F.E.A.R. undermine your firm’s future. Take control, get sound advice. Read about our Succession Planning Service.